Montreal Canadiens, also known as Habs, are a professional ice hockey team in the NHL competing in the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference. With over 56 titles in their cabinet, they stand tall against their competitors in the Stanley Cup playoffs.
From the last postseason game analysis, the NHL Atlantic division teams are getting better. The Montreal Canadiens odds to win the 2022 regular season stand at +2,500 in most NHL betting sportsbooks.
Let’s check out Canadiens’ upcoming games, predictions, and what to expect from this notable NHL team in general.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Odds
Montreal Canadiens are one of the legacy teams of the NHL. Most experienced hockey bettors know what Habs are capable of. But for now, at most bookmakers, Montreal Canadiens’s betting odds are among the average teams. To emerge as champions in the following NHL season, the odds on the most popular online betting sites stand at +2,500, which is average.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Lines
To maximize your chance of compiling successful betting slips, you must learn a few vital things first. First of all, the odds for Habs to win will typically be lower when playing at Centre Bell, given they have home ice advantage and hard-core fans to cheer them up.
To win the NHL, it would take all the power they have, and the first thing you should look at to determine their chance is their pre-season performance.
Another important part you must consider is betting options. Now, if you’re new to hockey betting, your best shot is sticking with the money line bet. Simply place a bet on the Canadiens when you think they’ll emerge victorious, and if they do, you’ll win some money. Leave spread betting, puck line, and futures bets for when you get familiar with straightforward wagers.
The Best Welcome Bonus For Montreal Canadiens Vegas Odds
Vegas odds is a term used to describe the Vegas system that affects all sportsbooks today. Therefore, this system allows punters to quickly read the required information before placing a spread bet, a moneyline bet, a puck line bet, etc.
Furthermore, you will come across numerous types of bonuses at Canadian online sportsbooks, such as free bets, bet credits, cashback rewards, 1st deposit matching offers, and many more. It goes without saying – you shouldn’t settle down with a bookie unwilling to give you anything extra.
Nonetheless, all operators featured in our article are tested beforehand, and they all provide attractive bonuses for their new customers.
Which Sportsbooks Has The Best Montreal Canadiens Odds?
Betting odds vary from sportsbook to sportsbook. Punters always search for better odds that will increase their winnings if the outcome of their wager is correct. And of course – that’s precisely what bettors should do – research the internet to find the best odds.
However, if you’re not in the mood to conduct that research yourself, you can always check the bookies featured below. We’ve handpicked them from a whole ocean of operators, and they all feature the most competitive odds in the market.
How To Bet On The Montreal Canadiens
- Find a reputable sportsbook with free bets and other lucrative bonuses
- Sign up on the site entering your personal information
- Choose the desired method to deposit funds
- Once done, fire up the NHL section and pick a Montreal Canadiens match to bet on
- Confirm the bet and enjoy the exciting match
Who Will Win The Montreal Canadiens Game Tonight?
The first preseason Montreal Canadiens match is scheduled for October 13th, 2021, at 07:00 PM ET. They will face-off against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Arena. For this match, the odds favour the Toronto Maple Leafs with -185 money line odds and Montreal Canadiens with +165. Note that these odds will not be the same with every bookie, so you should look at them as the average that you’ll most likely come across.
We reckon it’s time for some chips and beer – the 2022 NHL season is about to kick-off!
Montreal Canadiens Home Games
There is no better place than home!
Montreal Canadiens have their awesome hockey fans to cheer them up and boost their performance. Statistically speaking, the Canadiens are one of few teams with the highest win rate in the NHL when playing with home ice advantage.
Their home arena is Bell Centre, which opened up in 1996 in Quebec, Canada. You must remember that this team has huge confidence in their own turf, and their winning chances are typically higher.
Below, you can see the upcoming games and where they will take place.
Montreal Canadiens History & Stats
Montreal Canadiens was founded in 1909 by J. Ambrose O’Brien, which makes them the longest continuously operating professional ice hockey team worldwide. With a history this vast, they managed to take the Stanley Cup Final 24 times. They’re also known as the ‘Habs’, and they have 24 Division Championships and 8 Conference Championships – most of them won in the home Montreal Forum.
Who Is The Montreal Canadiens Head Coach?
As coaching is one of the key factors of the team’s performance, getting familiar with Montreal’s roster is mandatory.
- Head Coach: Dominique Ducharme
- Associate Coach: Trevor Letowski
- Assistant Coach: Trevor Letowski
- Assistant Coach:/
- Senior Goaltending Coach: Eric Raymond
- Assistant Coach, Video: /
- Goaltending Coach: Eric Raymond
- Strength and Conditioning Coach: Patrick Delisle-Houde
Previous Montreal Canadiens Coaches
- Newsy Lalonde 1916-1922 / 1 O’Brien Trophy Championship,
- Leo Dandurand 1922-1926 / 1 Stanley Cup Championship 2 Prince of Wales Trophy Championships
- Cecil Hart 1926-1932 / 2 Stanley Cup Championships,
- Dick Irvin 1940-1955 / 3 Stanley Cup Championships,
- Toe Blake 1955-1968 / 8 Stanley Cup Championships,
- Claude Ruel 1968-1970 / 1 Stanley Cup Championship,
- Al MacNeil 1970-1971 / 1 Stanley Cup Championship
- Scotty Bowman 1971-1979 / 5 Stanley Cup Championships and Jack Adams Award Winner
- Jean Perron 1985-1988 / 1 Stanley Cup championship
- Pat Burns 1988-1992 / Jack Adams Award Winner
- Jacques Demers 1922 – 1995 / 1 Stanley Cup Championship
- Michael Therrien 2012-2017 / 2017 NHL All-Star Game – Atlantic Division Coach
Montreal Canadiens Leaders
Below, you will see some of the legends that helped the Canadiens snatch so many Stanley Cup trophies.
- Goals: Maurice Richard (544)
- Assists: Guy Lafleur (728)
- Points: Guy Lafleur (1246)
- Penalty Minutes: Chris Nilan (2248)
- Hat Tricks: Maurice Richard (33)
- Save Percentage: Carey Price (.924)
- Goals Against Average: /
- Saves: /
Montreal Canadiens Trivia & Facts
As the new NHL season is knocking on the door, here are the stats that were achieved from 2019-2020:
- 2019-20 Revenue: $219 million
- 2019-20 Operating Income: $87 million
- 2019-20 Gate Receipts: $85 million
- 2019-20 Player Expenses: /
- Highest Paid Player: Carey Price $10,5 million
- Career Playoff Points Leader: Guy Lafleur (1246)
- Career Playoff Goals Leader: Maurice Richard (544)
- Career Playoff Assists Leader: Guy Lafleur (728)
- Team Value: $1.34 billion
- Owners: Molson Family (Geoff Molson)
- Stadium Naming Rights: Bell Canada
- Stanley Cup Wins: 24
Wrapping up this short guide, we can say that the Canadiens will most definitely be a team to keep track of! Unlike past seasons, bookies don’t favour them as much, but nonetheless, they’re known for their monstrous comebacks from games and competitions that are ‘illegal’ to get back from. If you’re prepared to begin this NHL season with a blast, make sure to compare odds and analyze all teams and their current form.
Do your due diligence, and you might just win more than you will lose!
Montreal Canadiens Betting FAQ
In which conference does the team play?
The Montreal Canadiens play in the Eastern Conference.
Which division do they play in?
Montreal Canadians are playing in the Atlantic Division.
Who is the team’s all-time points leader?
Guy Lafleur stands on top of the points leaderboard with 1246 points.
When did they join the NHL?
The Montreal Canadiens joined the NHL as founders in 1909.
Who are their biggest rivals in the NHL?
Montreal Canadiens’ biggest rivals include the New York Islanders, Tampa Bay, and the Leafs.