New York Rangers is an ice hockey team founded by Tex Rickard in 1926. They compete in the Eastern Conference as a member of the Metropolitan Division. They have constantly been representing New York among the Islanders and their Metropolitan area nemesis – New Jersey Devils.
The Rangers have a brief history, and most experienced bettors know what they are capable of. The fighters in Red, Blue, and White kits are currently not favoured to win the upcoming NHL season, as other teams got significantly stronger. The Stanley Cup odds for the Rangers are +2,500, which puts them into a pretty average position amongst other teams.
Online sports betting on the New York Rangers can prove to be entertaining, considering that the upcoming NHL season is as unpredictable as ever. In this short guide, we’ll examine what you should expect from the Rangers, along with information regarding the online bets you can place and where to find the best Rangers odds.
New York Rangers Betting Odds
NY Rangers will start their preseason soon, and we are super excited to see if they can bring the glow from 2014 and bring home the trophy. For this challenge, they have to face plenty of challenges – even East Division teams.
To place your bet on the NY Rangers for the upcoming regular season, you’ll have to settle with odds of +2,500 (wager $100 to get $2,500). Below, you’ll see the NHL’s league table with the current standings.
[Widget insert of league table]
New York Rangers Betting Lines
Seasoned NHL bettors know that they can get the best value and winning chance if they bet on the home team. As the new NHL season is starting soon, the first match for Rangers has a puck line of +1.5, making them the underdogs against the Islanders.
Besides the “complicated” puck line bet, punters can place a money line wager – simply bet on the team they think will win the game.
The Best Welcome Bonus For New York Rangers Vegas Odds
Betting odds are always different on every sportsbook. To snatch a better value for your ticket, what you must consider is the size of the odds. Furthermore, you have a variety of betting options to choose from, and one of them is placing a futures bet on who will lift the NHL trophy for the 2021/2022 season or placing a spread bet.
Other than bet types and odds, you must pay attention to welcome bonuses. Nearly all bookies offer incentives for new customers. These incentives arrive as first deposit bonuses, free bets, bet credits, etc. They’re good to get you started, and you can even win and withdraw some money if you pull off fulfilling the sportsbook’s requirements. If you’re unsure where to find such bookmakers, consider opening an account with the ones featured on our website.
Currently, the odds for the Rangers winning the Metropolitan Division are +550, with +1,300 for the East Conference.
Which Sportsbooks Have The Best New York Rangers Odds?
Speaking about aggregating your game and increasing the value of your betting slip, you must consider settling down only with competitive odds. We’ve done some research and singled out bookies who offer the best odds on the market currently. Check them out below, and feel free to compare them.
How To Bet On The New York Rangers
Betting on the Rangers is pretty straightforward, and you can learn how to get started below.
- Narrow down a reputable operator and follow the sign-up instructions
- Check if there are any active promotions for grabs, such as free bets
- Access the ‘Cashier’ section and choose the desired payment method
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and wait for your funds to arrive in your account
- Get familiar with the sportsbook, see which bet types they provide, and start placing wagers
Who Will Win The New York Rangers Game Tonight?
The Rangers’ first game this season was on September 27th, 2021 – a pre season match against the New York Islanders. From the last match in April this year, the odds were in favour for the New York Islanders with -120 and +100 for the Rangers. Those odds proved true as the Islanders won despite the multiple injuries to their players.
Check out the details below:
New York Rangers Home Games
The NY Rangers have Madison Square Garden as their home ground. They are James Dolan’s (CEO of MSG) favorite hockey team, and the support from their fans at the Madison Square Garden is unmatched. The Rangers’ performance is always better when playing on home ice – packed with confidence to push and play more aggressively. Winning on home ice is not strange for this club, so better watch out for the Rangers when their confidence is sky-high.
New York Rangers History & Stats
The Rangers were founded in 1926 by Tex Rickard, and they’ve remained an exciting team ever since. They are the first-ever US team in the NHL to win a Stanley Cup Final – in 1928.
New York Rangers have 4 Stanley Cup Victories, 2 Conference Championships, 3 President Trophies, and 7 Division Championships in their career.
Who Is The New York Rangers Head Coach?
The coaching staff’s role is to prepare the team and outsmart their opponents. Below, you can check out the current Rangers’ staff.
- Head Coach: Gerard Gallant
- Associate Coach: Gord Murphy
- Assistant Coach: Mike Kelly
- Assistant Coach: Jim Midgley
- Senior Goaltending Coach: Benoit Allaire
- Assistant Coach, Video: Kyle Smith
- Goaltending Coach: Benoit Allaire
- Strength and Conditioning Coach: Kyle Czech
Previous New York Rangers Coaches
- Lester Patric 1926-1939 / 2 Stanley Cup Championships
- Frank Boucher 1939-1948 / Stanley Cup Championship
- Lynn Patrick 1948-1950
- Bill Cook 1951-1953
- Phil Watson 1955-1959
- Doug Harvey 1961-1962
- Emile Francis 1965-1968, 1969-1973, 1974-1975
- Fred Shero 1978-1980
- Craig Patrick 1980-1981
- Herb Brooks 1981-1985
- Roger Neilson 1989-1993 / Presidents Trophy
- Mike Keenan 1993-1994 / Presidents Trophy, Stanley Cup Championship
- Colling Campbell 1994-1998
- John Tortorella 2009-2013
- Alain Vigneault 2013-2018 / Presidents Trophy
New York Rangers Leaders
The Rangers wouldn’t be what they are today if it weren’t for some ice-cold players!
- Goals: Rod Gilbert (406)
- Assists: Brian Leetch (741)
- Points: Rod Gilbert (1021)
- Penalty Minutes: Ron Greschner (1226)
- Hat Tricks: Bill Book (9)
- Save Percentage: Igor Shesterkin (.916)
- Goals Against Average: Igor Shesterkin (83)
- Saves: /
New York Rangers Trivia & Facts
The following facts cover the most crucial statistics from the last season, team leaders, and some overall financial status:
- 2019-20 Revenue: $225 million
- 2019-20 Operating Income: $87 million
- 2019-20 Gate Receipts: $88 million
- 2019-20 Player Expenses: $74 million
- Highest Paid Player: Artemi Panarin $13 million
- Career Playoff Points Leader: Brian Leetch (89)
- Career Playoff Goals Leader: Rod Gilbert (34)
- Career Playoff Assists Leader: Brian Leetch (61)
- Team Value: $1.65 billion
- Owners: Madison Square Garden Sports
- Stadium Naming Rights: New York Rangers
- Stanley Cup Wins: 4
If you’re a rookie, we advise you to follow our guidelines for hockey betting to avoid ending up at an unregulated bookmaker. You can bet on the NHL on a virtually endless list of online sportsbooks, but only a few of them are worth it. Remember that betting shouldn’t be considered a main source of income and should be used for entertainment purposes only. Responsible gaming should be the first priority – always!
New York Rangers Betting FAQ
Have the New York Rangers ever won the Stanley Cup?
In their history, they have won the Stanley Cup four times.
Who is the team’s all-time points leader?
Rod Gilbert stands on top of the leaderboard for points with 1021.
When did they join the NHL?
The Rangers joined the NHL in 1926.
Who has played the most games for the New York Rangers?
Rod Gilbert has the most games played through every season, with 1065 games in the club.