The Pacers’ fans who were disappointed last season did not have to wait too long to start looking forward to the next season. You can place your bets on the Pacers at any time. The 2020-21 NBA season will begin on December 22nd and run until July.
This year, the NBA will host a 72-game regular season. Then, a playoff Play In Tournament will be held. The traditional 16-team NBA Playoffs will conclude by mid-July.
How to read indiana pacers betting lines
The Pacers betting lines at top Indiana online and mobile casinos usually look something like this:
- Indiana Pacers +3.5
- LA Lakers -3.5 (-110) U 175 U 203.5(-110)
The spread is the first set of numbers, with the odds in brackets.
Spread bets on the Pacers winning if they win or lose by less than three points are possible if the Pacers are 3.5 point underdogs to them. Spread bets can be placed on LA winning if they win by more than four points.
You can win $100 and your original wager back at -110 odds for each $110 that you place.
The Moneyline is represented by the second set of numbers.
If the Pacers are +155 Underdogs, each $100 bet on them will pay $155, plus your wager back if they win. If the Lakers are -175 favorites then every $175 bet on them will pay $100 plus your bet back if they win.
The last set of numbers represents the totals line with bracketed odds.
This bet is on the combined score of Pacers and Lakers. For every $110 that you wager, you will win $100 if you are correct.
Most popular NBA bets
nba betting It can be confusing to see so many betting options on a single site. Here is a quick overview of the most popular NBA betting types:
- Point Spread – This is where you place a bet that teams will win by a certain margin.
- Moneyline – A wager where you place money and pick a winner.
- Total – A total bet allows you to choose whether the final score of a particular game will be “OVER” (or “UNDER”) a certain total. The “OVER” option is available if the teams score more points together than the total listed by the sportsbook. If the combined points of the teams are less than the total, the “UNDER” hits.
- Futures – A futures bet is any type that the outcome of a bet will not be known for a long time. These wagers can include betting on Indiana winning the NBA championship, or odds of winning a division or total win during regular season. Futures odds take a while to become finalized. If you’re willing to wait, the possibility is there to win serious money betting NBA futures.
- Parlay – A parlay is any type or combination of bets listed in this column. Each team must win, regardless of whether it’s a point spread or a money-line bet on the exact same ticket. The entire parlay will be considered a loss if even one of the teams on the ticket loses.
- Props – There is a wide range of prop bets. Some bets are focused on individual performance, while others focus on team performance. A prop bet on an individual’s performance would be to bet on how many points a player will score during a game. A team performance prop bet is where money is placed on the number of three-point goals a team makes in a given game. Prop bets can be a great way to wager on a game, without having to care about who wins or how many points each team scores in any given contest.