Introduced to the world in 1883, Philadelphia Phillies made their debut in Major League Baseball as Philadelphia Quakers. Since then, they have changed their name, but they haven’t changed their game!
As part of the NL East division together with the Nationals, Mets, Marlins, and Braves – they’re considered as favourites at most Canadian online sportsbooks.
The Phillies have already won the trophy twice, which is proof of their repeated excellence. Some experts even say that they have a chance to win it again since they’ve made a few talented additions to the team. They entered the last season with Joe Girardi’s tactics – a former professional baseball player. We’re expecting him to deliver the trophy home once again in the upcoming season.
Different bookies will indulge in different predictions, so we’re sure you’ll find both favourable and unfavourable betting odds available. Let’s see what’s expected from the Phillies in the upcoming season.
Philadelphia Phillies Betting Odds
The Phillies started the previous season with +4,000 odds for becoming a winner of the World Series Championship, and we expect that they will open the next season with similar odds. This results from the stable game performance of the Phillies in the previous seasons and the not-so-long injury and players change list.
As they’re most of the time considered as favourites, expect to witness lower odds with most sportsbooks as well as a negative run line.
Furthermore, keep in mind that not all sportsbooks will feature the same odds for all matches. So, it’s best to keep track of multiple bookies if you want to get the best value for the money you stake. You should also track the team’s injured players, weather, their current form, and other aspects that will help you make a successful bet.
Below, you can check out their current odds for the next matchup at various bookies. Nota that all of our sportsbooks are licensed and able to legally operate across Canada.
How To Bet On The Phillies
The Phillies are about to face off giants like the Oakland Athletics, New York Yankees, New York Mets, and Milwaukee Brewers – the perfect time for you to learn how to start betting. You can place a wager on the Phillies by picking bets such as money line, point spreads, futures bets, total over/under, club or player props, or live bets.
It’s quite simple to place a bet on your favourite MLB game, especially on the Phillies. To make a successful bet, you need to follow the steps below. Here are the instructions:
1. Select a trustworthy Canadian sportsbook: We encourage you to make a deep research before you target your licensed operator with profitable offers and bet types. First, check the minimum deposits, bonuses, betting lines, as well as the team’s matches your sportsbook ensures.
2. Sign up for a player account: Once you have chosen your sportsbook, you need to register an account by entering your personal information and creating a username and a password.
3. Verify your data: You will receive a special code via e-mail or SMS, which you need to use for verifying your account.
4. Go through the bonuses: All Canadian sportsbooks provide an interesting type of bonus for the new members. If you find the promotions attractive enough, you should claim them and start betting with increased funds.
5. Deposit your money: Pick your favourite payment method and add the sum you want to deposit.
Each Canadian bookie will ask you to finish these steps before allowing you to bet on the MLB. Make sure to not use betting as a primary source of income and avoid developing a gambling problem. Betting is meant for entertainment purposes, so make sure to practise responsible gaming.
Who Will Win The Philadelphia Phillies Game Tonight?
The Phillies have played matches against their NL East division rivals, including the Atlanta Braves, Washington Nationals, Miami Marlins, and the New York Mets, but also against teams from other divisions such as the Cincinnati Reds and Chicago Cubs.
This team is currently in stunning form, and we expect them to put up a solid fight on the field. While they’re mostly the favourites – we can never be certain who will win the game tonight. After all – we’ve seen them losing games to the Nationals – a team that’s not in the greatest of forms currently. Nevertheless, they’re in great form, and we expect them to reach the playoffs.
The Phillies are back and ready for the next season, so devoted fans can start making their plans for future betting. We will make updates on all changes related to Phillies games, so bookmark this site and come back regularly if you want to stay up to date with the info! Below, you can check out their home games schedule.
Philadelphia Phillies History & Stats
This elite team comes with an extremely interesting history and statistics. Here are some interesting facts surrounding the franchise’s upbringing, wins and current management.
- Established: 1883
- Major League Affiliations: National League (1883–present) East Division (1969–present)
- Colors: Red, blue, white
- Names: Philadelphia Phillies (1883–present), Philadelphia Blue Jays/Phillies (1944–1949), Philadelphia Quakers/Phillies (1884–1889), Philadelphia Quakers (1883)
- Other nicknames: Phils, The Fightin’ Phils, The Fightins
- President: David Dombrowski
- President of baseball operations: Dave Dombrowski
- General manager: Sam Fuld
- Mascot: Phillie Phanatic
Who Is the Head Coach?
The current head coach of the Phillies is Joe Girardi. He has been with the team since 2020, and hopefully, he will stay longer to help them win more titles.
The Phillies have had 55 coaches from 1883 onwards. We can’t list them all, but here are the latest five of them:
- Gabe Kapler- (2018 -2019)
- Pete Mackanin- (2015 – 2017)
- Ryne Sandberg – (2013 – 2015)
- Charlie Manuel – (2005 – 2013)
- Gary Varsho- (2004)
Most HRs in a Single World Series
All the players at the Phillies are dominant in different disciplines. Some are good at hits, some are good at strikeouts. Below are the names of those who are best in HRs in a single world series.
- Rian Howard- (58 HRs)
- Mike Schmidt- (34 HRs)
- Den Ennis- (32 HRs)
Most HRs in World Series All Time
We have already seen the list with the most HRs in a single world series. Now let’s take a look at the players with most HRs in the all-time world series:
- Mike Schmidt- (548 HRs)
- Rian Howard – (382HRs) 58
- Den Ennis- (259 HRs)
Most Career Hits in World Series
Even though all the players that used to play or play at the Phillies are super talented, some of them scored better results than others. Look at the list of most career hits by the Phillis in the world series.
- Jimmy Rollins- (2,306 hits)
- Mike Schmidt- (2,234 hits)
- Richie Ashburn- (2,217 hits)
Philadelphia Phillies Betting FAQ
Where do the Philadelphia Phillies play their home games?
The team plays their home matches at Citizens Bank Park, which is a ballpark in South Philadelphia.
Have the Philadelphia Phillies ever won the World Series?
Yes. They have won the World Series 2 times, in 1980 and 2008.